Abellio Greater Anglia – March Station
Rothwell Group Ltd has been responsible for the procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of the electrical and mechanical services.
The project at March Station is based on a design & build by Rothwell Group Ltd and now completed provides updated power and lighting throughout the station, its buildings and the car park.
The works undertaken by RGL is listed below
- Site Set up.
- To install a new REC supply into the existing LV Switch Room on Platform 1
- To supply and fit a new MCB Distribution board within the existing LV Switch Room including all new bracketry and containment.
- To install a new feeder cable to Platform 2 from the existing LV switch room adjacent to Platform 2
- Install stainless steel kiosks on Platforms 1 & 2 and provide MCB distribution boards within.
- Install new lighting and power including all containment and wiring to platforms 1 & 2
- Install new power and lighting including all containment and wiring to toilets, waiting rooms, the Ticket office and the Booking Hall.
- Works required in loft space above the ticket hall to include lighting & floor boarding
- Install new sub main cabling to Friends of March Station rooms, S & T Rooms and redundant rooms
- Install new LED column lighting to Platform 2 access foot path.
- Install 19 No. new columns and LED lighting to the main station car park
- Replace 2 No. existing columns on Platform 2 and replace fittings with LED fittings
- Replace 1 No. existing column on Platform 1 and replace fitting with LED fitting
- Install 1 No. new column on Platform 1 complete with a LED fitting
- All civil’s works – trenching, ducting and making good.
- Provide new led lighting to Platforms 1 & 2
- Provide new led lighting inclusive of containment and wiring to the existing footbridge
- Provide new heating and ventilation to staff toilet, staff kitchen area and ticket Office
- Provide new heating to the 2 no waiting rooms.
- Strip out existing electrical services following the installation of new
- Fully test & commission on completion
- Clear site
- Provide all ‘as fitted’ drawings, O & M manual and certification.
The whole of the electrical system has been designed and installed to meet the Wiring Regulations 17th Edition BS 7671:2008. incorporating amendment 3:2015 & BS 5266-1:2011 Emergency lighting – Part 1: Code of practice for the emergency escape lighting of premises.