East Midlands Trains – Neville Hill
Fit LED lighting to Central Lighting Mast within the depot. The lighting mast has between 17 & 20 existing lights installed, which were life expired.
Rothwell Group were commissioned to install new LED lighting to the Central Lighting Mast Tower in lieu of the existing 1000-Watt SON’s (high pressure sodium fittings). Consideration was given to maintaining the required lux levels in replacing the existing luminaires. A design was carried out by RGL, to provide the required Lux Level of 50 Lux at ground level. The incoming mains and lighting controls were also upgraded as part of the project, to include new GRP kiosk and new electrical distribution.
The works undertaken by RGL is listed below
- The new luminaires were installed to the existing tower by creation of a bespoke standalone stainless steel frame attached to the lighting tower.
- Access to the lighting tower had to be to be considered. Masts are next to running lines which had to remain operational throughout. The masts are extremely high, in excess of 50M, and accessible by an integral ladder. Some lines have overhead wires in close proximity.
- A SSOW was implemented whilst the work were being carried out by RGL.
- Total Access Solutions were employed for the duration of the high level works as part of Rothwell Group Ltd Rescue Plan, to align to working at height regulations and compliance with HSE requirements.
- Testing, Commissioning and certification were carried out to BS7671.