Damproofing, Plastering, Fixed Scaffolding, Roof Repairs, Guttering Repairs, Window Repairs, Lighting, Power, Plumbing, Joinery, Fire Doors, Flooring, Carpets & Painting & Decorating.
Refurbishment of a Grade 2 Listed Tan Building at Newcastle Station.
Rothwell Group Ltd has been responsible for the procurement, installation, refurbishment, upgrading, testing and commissioning and setting to works of the whole of the building installation as detailed below:
The Network Rail facility occupies a location position within Newcastle Station Car Park. The facility consists of the main entrance, downstairs meeting room, unisex WC, stairs leading to 1st floor open plan office, kitchenette and store room.
This manual covers the work associated with the refurbishment to the building structure, fabric and new installations.
The works undertaken by RGL is listed below
- Set-Up Site
- Strip out redundant services
- Damproofing to ground level walls
- New plastering to ground floor and first floor where original plaster was water damaged
- Erect fixed scaffolding to enable high level works to be carried out, dismantle scaffold after high level works completed.
- Removal of all stone copers and installation of new formed lead membrane and reinstate stone copers to roof line
- Re-line existing lead guttering with new GRP construction and replace all cast iron fall pipes
- Replace all lighting within the whole refurbished area to LED lighting only
- Install new emergency lighting to BS5266
- Replace extract fans within toilet, meeting room and 1st floor kitchenette
- Install new hand dryer to toilet
- Install new power poles to 1st floor office and small power to kitchenette.
- Install new small power for printer and data rack within the store room
- Install new PVC waste pipe to new toilets and sinks
- Install 2no. new toilets and 2no. new sinks to ground floor WC and all associated pipework
- Repairs to roof where water has penetrated into the 1st floor of the building
- Easing and repairing windows.
- Installation of new fire doors and casings
- Removal of 1st floor walls and doors to allow for formation of an open plan office.
- Installation of new skirting boards to entrance lobby and at the bottom of the stairs.
- Installation of new toilet cubicles